Use HDD or Hard Disk As Virtual RAM in Windows
Why RAM is important?
The overall performance of your pc or laptop is determined by way of how well your CPU and ram paintings collectively. lower the ram makes slows your laptop or pc. the greater ram your CPU has to get entry to, the easier its activity turns into, which enables a faster pc. in case you do no longer have a sufficient quantity of ram than your CPU has to work tons, tons tougher to transfer information, which severally damages the laptop’s overall performance.
What is virtual memory?
Using HDD or hard disk as virtual memory in windows pc
- We can use HDD as ramdisk or virtual ram by using a simple trick
- we can also use external USB card such as pen drive as virtual ram but when we remove the external USB may chance of getting errors in pc
- So I using HDD as ram as I will not be removed
- So to use HDD virtual ram is better thank USB external drive
- To set up virtual ram first point your mouse to my computer, right-click on it and select properties as shown below
- after clicking on properties go to ” Advanced system settings ” as shown below
- After then a new tab appears to point your mouse to advanced and search for performance.
- This is the main panel where you system performance can be modified
- After seeing performance click on settings as shown
- After clicking on settings you can see a new tab appears now again click on advanced. There you can see virtual memory. You can increase or decrease virtual memory here. Click on change
- Now untick ” Automatically manage paging file size for drives ” select the drive to use as virtual memory, click on custom size and set initial and maximum sizes. I recommended setting the value as the recommended size is given there. in my pc, it showed 2289 MB as I set initial and the maximum size is 2289 MB.
- After setting the values click on set and then ok and restart your pc to apply changes