BCECE also know as Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination. The examination is for the students who want to get admitted in the courses like Engineering, Pharmacy and Agriculture courses in the institutions of the state of Bihar. There are two stages to get admission in the Bihar university i.e. stage-1 and stage-2.
The candidates need to appear in the first stage for appearing in the second stage. The candidates need to visit the official website in order to get all the information related to the examination.
The tentative dates for the examination are available on the website itself. The online application form for BCECE Exam 2018 will be available in the 1st week of February 2018. The Last date to submit the online application will be in the Last week of February 2018. The Last date to submit the fee through Challan will be around 1st week of March 2018.
The Last date of submission of fee through net banking/credit card/debit card will be in the 1st week of March 2018. The admit card for stage 1 can be downloaded in the 1st week of April 2018. The Commencement of the examination- the First Stage will be in the 3rd week of April 2018. The result for the first stage will be announced in the Last week of April 2018. The Admit Card availability for Stage-2 will be in the 1st week of May 2018. The Result of Stage-2 will be in the 3rd week of June 2018. The application form can be filled online only.
The fee can be paid through net banking facility or the credit cards or the debit cards online. The payment can be made through the bank challan as well via any branch of SBI. The fee for ST/SC candidates it will be 330INR for one subject group. The candidates applying for the PCM/PCB group & who belong to General, BC, and OBC category have to submit Rs 660INR. The candidates who are applying for all the four courses will have to pay 730INR and for the students belonging to the SC/ST candidates is Rs 365INR.
- The candidates must have to be a citizen of India.
- The candidates must have domicile of Bihar. The parents of the candidate must also have the permanent residence of Bihar. The candidates whose parents are working in the state, but living outside of the Bihar can also apply.
- The candidates must have completed 17 years of age as on 31st December 2018 for the agricultural courses. For the engineering and the pharmacy courses, there is no age limit specified.
- The candidates must have qualified the Intermediate or equivalent from a recognized board. The candidates must have passed with physics and mathematics as the main subjects for applying in the engineering courses. The optional subjects can be Chemistry, Biotechnology, Biology and technical vocational subject.
- The candidate must have qualified with minimum 45% marks for General and 40% for reserved categories. However, in the case of pharmacy courses, the candidates must have qualified 10+2 or equivalent to appear in the exam. The qualified main subjects should be physics and mathematics. It is also necessary to choose an optional subject such as biology, or any other vocational-technical subject.
- The students in the final year can also apply for the same. The candidates must have scored 45% marks (General candidates) in qualifying exam and 40% (SC/ST candidates).
The examination will be conducted in two phases. The question paper will consist of multiple choice questions. It will be published in Hindi and English. The duration for stage 1 will be two hours and fifteen minutes whereas for the stage 2 it will be one hour and thirty minutes. The candidate will be awarded four marks for every right option and one mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
For the first stage, the pattern of the examination will include 50 questions each from all the sections such as physics, chemistry, biology, and mathematics. As per the stage two, all the sections will be of maximum 400 marks and the duration will be one and a half hour for every section. The subjects will be physics, chemistry, mathematics, and biology. The syllabus for the examination will also be updated on the official portal for the ease and convenience of the students.
The students need to focus on practicing the previous year papers to score well in the examination. There are many topics to be covered such as test series, algorithms, algebra, and trigonometry and so on. The basic concepts must be clear in the minds of the candidates in order to solve the complex questions. The students must practice hard for the examination in order to complete the exam on time.