Decrypt Whatsapp Messages Or Database On Android Without PC
WhatsApp Messenger is a FREE messaging app available for Android and other smartphones. WhatsApp uses your phone’s Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family. Switch from SMS to WhatsApp to send and receive messages, calls, photos, videos, documents, and Voice Messages
How WhatsApp works
WhatsApp or most of the other messaging apps rarely work on a peer to peer basis. So it wouldn’t open a connection (from your device) to each of your friends’ devices. Instead, your device connects to their server. It could then use a custom TCP protocol or maybe HTTP to communicate your messages to the server. The server in return would dispatch them to your friends’ devices. If your friend had their app open or at least the app process running there might be a live connection to the server. WhatsApp will use that connection to send them your messages. If their app is “offline” then they might choose to send them a push notification instead.
Encrypted database files
A CRYPT12 & msgstore DB crypt8 file is an encrypted database created by WhatsApp Messenger, an Android messenger application. It contains a 256-bit AES encrypted database of messages sent and received through the app.
The “crypt12” extension is often appended to a.DB file to create a .DB.CRYPT12 file, which is used by WhatsApp to secure a user’s message database on his or her Android device. For each new installment, WhatsApp Messenger uses a different algorithm to encrypt the DB files. The extension appended to the DB file, such as.CRYPT7 or.CRYPT8 signifies the algorithm.
If you are looking to decrypt the WhatsApp database a CRYPT12 to view the message history of the app’s user you must locate the key file, which stores the encryption key. The key file is stored in the following location: /data/data/com.whatsapp/files/key
Steps to decrypt WhatsApp database:-
- Download WhatCrypt – WhatsApp decrypter for android
- Now click on decrypt WhatsApp database
- Select the path for a database of msgstore.db.crypt in my case I’m using GB Whatsapp
- Select the key file in which we should have root access to access the directory
- The path for key file is /data/data/com.whatsapp/files/key
- There is any another application WhatsApp viewer available for pc also known as WhatsApp database reader used to decrypt DB crypt8, crypt12
- many decrypt WhatsApp database online are available which offers the same features as the android app
- Click on decrypt database to get encrypted messages on android
The above decrypter for WhatsApp must be used for personal use only. You may use it for educational research purposes and intend no harm to anyone else. WhatsApp Decrypter is a free tool available on XDA and can be used to decrypt the saved database on an Android smartphone. This tool is useful for those who want to migrate their device and/or lost the number.